Thursday, February 9

Heart Shaped Elbow Patch Cardigan



Since Tallulah got a new pair of shoes for Valentines Day I thought it was only fair that I make Baxter a themed outfit. I had seen the idea of heart shaped elbow patches on the Country Living website and loved it. They took the time to hand stitch their hearts, today for I Love to Create I took the time to hand paint mine.


SUPPLIES
Tulip Soft Fabric Paint in tan
Cardigan
Tulip Slicks Fabric Paint in brown
Tulip Sticky Fabric Stencils
Tulip Stencil Brush


The first thing you need to do is determine where your child's elbows will hit on your cardigan. Once you mark the spot place your sticky back heart shaped stencil right on top. Using tan paint and a stencil brush apply a coat of paint. Notice I did not get paint in the crown portion of this stencil. Also you might want to put something between the sleeves so that the paint does not bleed through to the other side of the sleeve. Allow to dry completely.


I love the look of hand stitching, but am not a huge fan of actually doing any stitching. I love to take the quick and easy route and fake the look with some Tulip Slicks fabric paint. Just apply small dashes all around the edges of the hearts to give a sewn effect.


Next pop your kiddlet in their new sweater and beam with pride. We have been referring to Bax as Professor Baxter in his new elbow patches cardigan. Super cute, snuggly and perfect for Valentines Day!

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!
Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close