Tuesday, March 20

faux feathers necklace



I can't seem to get enough of feathers lately- they are the perfect subject matter for all kinds of creative projects and they happen to be all the rage in fashion. So I decided to put my twist on a feather necklace, creating my own unique feathers.


Untitled-1
1. I started with a simple sketch of a feather drawn onto fabric. I filled in the feather with Tulip Soft Fabric Paints- they are very versatile and great to use on a variety of fabric surfaces 2. I continued to fill in the feather with colorful details.

IMG_3814
IMG_3598
3. When the paint was dry, I used a permanent marker to add additional details. 4. When I was satisfied with the feather I cut it out.

IMG_3601
Next, I created two more feathers in different colors and sizes.

IMG_3605
IMG_3610
IMG_3607
I stacked the feathers on top of each other


IMG_3613
and I used an awl to poke tiny holes in all three of the feathers and inserted a jump ring.


IMG_3633
Just for a little variation I added some beads and a little charm to the feather and the last step was to put everything on a chain.


IMG_3639
IMG_3618
IMG_3632
5279578786_fd00da7ede_o


Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Why can't we pin anything on your site (for future projects)?

Margot Potter said...

LOVE! Love this project and your pictures are fabulous. Claudine Hellmuth has a cool sticky back canvas you can use like this and adhere to a substrate to give it a little structure. Might work well with this idea.

Cheers,
Madge

maria soto said...

great project -

Kirin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirin said...

I love this project! Your faux feathers are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Oh my! This is a lovely project. Thanks for all the detailed pics to follow.

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous!!

Boutique Delight said...

Visit Boutique Delight stores and buy different types of feather jewelry such as Vintage Feather Necklaces, Peacock Feather Necklace, and Dream Catcher Necklace etc.

Unknown said...

https://www.tabbyscleaning.com/cleaning-services.html

Rajinder said...

Thank you so much for writing keep up like this.
tipshint

ghada said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بمكة
شركة تنظيف موكيت بمكة
شركة تنظيف مجالس بمكة
شركة تنظيف كنب بمكة

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close