Friday, February 15

Embellish your iPad cover!

"Eh, I don't need one of those," I said. Inside, as I watched my creative friends dabble away on their iPads, I secretly longed for one. There was no legitimate reason for me to splurge on an iPad. I wanted one, but could certainly live without. But that didn't stop me from entering contests to win one. And my friends, I'm here to tell you - that day finally arrived!It was at CHA last month in Anaheim. I attended a blogger party for FloraCraft, yes to see all their fancy new products (great use with Aleene's Original Tacky Glue!), but also because they were giving away an iPad Mini. When I wrote my name onthe entry form. I almost folded it up, but then added one more sentence under my name: PICK ME!!!

It worked! When I found out I won, I squealed, jumped in the air and did the Price is Right money dance. When I got home, of course I had to buy a cover. Of course I had to embellish it!

There are a gazillion ways to personalize your iPad cover. You can stud it outpaint your dog's portrait on it, give it a decoden makeover, or add your monogram.

As for me, I decided to add a stripe of multi-colored crystals!
To get this look, you'll need:
OR if you have a fabric surface, you can use

Start at one end of your case. Spread the glue over a one-inch area and begin to apply the crystals one-at-a-time. For the multi-colored look,make sure to mix up the colors in a random pattern. Keep working one-square at a time, otherwise the glue will dry before you can apply the crystals and create a gunky mess.
I used the stitched stripe that was already on the cover as a guide. Maybe later I'll add more, but for right now, I really like how it looks! My husband even got in on the fun and painted a cover in his Day of the Dead style! He used our Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint!

5 comments:

varaiza666 said...

I love your stuff!

Unknown said...

Such a good idea. I was looking for iPad covers and it never even crossed my mind to personalize it myself, thanks!

GCC Gamers said...

Where Can Buy Best Apple IPad Smart Cover in Uae, Apple IPad Mini Smart Cover in Uae, Pink Phone Case in Uae
https://gccgamers.com/accessories/phone-cases/apple-ipad-mini-smart-cover-pink-mgnn2.html

HopeO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HopeO said...

Nice iPad cover. Such a slick and wonderful design made by those colorful gems and the color combinations are on point too. If you are searching for any phone cases for your Android or iOS device you can find a wooden iphone case over here.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close